Hey guys! Sorry I’ve been a little MIA, with it being my first semester of college i was really trying to focus on my studying for my finals! But, since those are over with and now were only days away from christmas i thought i would share a super easy and really yummy eggnog recipe! Ive actually never made eggnog myself before, but its one of my all time favorite holiday drinks! I was a little worried at first at the fact that theres 6 eggs in it, but i actually cooked it for 7min and i think it turned out perfect. Honestly, it tastes like the store bought eggnog, like exactly!! I hope you guys try this recipe out, let me know if you do and how it turns out for you! Also look out for an outfit post with my new Valentino ‘Rockstud’ pump dupes! Merry Christmas!!
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Combine sugar and salt in a large bowl. Then add in eggs and mix until completely incorporated.
- 2. Heat milk in a large saucepan over medium heat
- 3. Pour sugar and egg mixture into milk and whisk vigorously
- 4. Continue stirring until mixture reaches 155-160 degrees and mixture coats the whisk. about 5 min.
- 5. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream, vanilla extract, nutmeg and cinnamon, and stir well.
- 6. Pour eggnog into a pitcher and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- 7. Shake before serving and garnish with nutmeg and/or whipped cream.
- 8. Enjoy!